Re: New year wish: please make a stable branch

From: logan.allre..onvergys.com
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 01:42:08 EST

    Mike Schrag <mschra..dimension.com> wrote on 01/06/2006 08:06:05 AM:

    > And lastly, I'm just curious what people perceive as the worst bugs
    > as of right now? My personal hit list (in no particular order):

    I'll add a couple, maybe not worst, but things that still bug me. As a
    caveat, I've got a 1.x.102 and a 2.x.86 installation as well, haven't been
    doing much WO lately, so my memory may be confusing .102 with some that
    are already fixed:

    1. Second the motion on consistent flattening behavior. [1]
    2. I get lots of errors on my 2.x.86 install opening the Java files. I
    probably just have a messed up installation, but this messes up my non-WO
    projects as them seem to want to edit all Java files in the component Java
    editor. Is there a way to only use this editor only on component Java
    files, or only in WOLips projects? I just set the default to never use the
    component Java editor so I could even open my non-WO Java files.
    3. Proper defaults/persistence of src and javadoc attachments for the
    Frameworks. I finally just keep all of my frameworks as Eclipse project
    dependencies and have a huge workspace 'cause I got tired of not being
    able to debug source or view javadocs on my frameworks without setting
    them up manually for every single project.
    4. I think by default there should be a compile task (like Chuck recently
    provided on this mailing list) so you can drop to the command line and
    build your projects w/o Eclipse and still use the incremental builder
    while developing. Maybe there's a good reason for not providing it, it
    just seems like automated builds should be encouraged. We're just setting
    up a remote build/deploy server and I wasn't looking forward to figuring
    out to write that task and get the classpath right. Thanks Chuck!
    5. Has anyone ever explained what the .WOLips file is for?
    6. I still don't think that rules in the resources.include files in the
    form **/*.extension work for the root project directory. You have to add a
    *.extension rule as well to catch those. Easy workaround, but annoying.
    [2]

    Sadly, I won't be doing much WO any more, but I sure appreciate what you
    WOLips people have done so far, especially for us frustrated Windows :(
    users. I can't imagine what pithy names Chuck would come up with for PB on
    Win ;). So glad to be rid of it ....

    thanks,
    Logan

    [1] http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=WOL-123