Re: Profiling

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 08:39:35 EST

    Thanks everyone,

    Now I've tried Shark, JProfiler (that I constantly confuse with JProbe)
    and YourKit.

    (I have some sort of defect: Very short attention span. If my efforts
    are not rewarded within 5min I lose interest.)

    Shark: Probably did something wrong with the "process" configuration.
    Never saw anything. This tool didn't really look like what I was after.
    So I didn't try very hard.

    YourKit: Made me feel stupid. Looks good and everything seems to work
    just fine, but I never saw *anything* related to the code that
    interested me. I assumed this had to do with the package/class filters.
    I tried all combinations... (I also kept getting messages/suggestions
    that I should change some configurations because it would work better.
    Wasn't really clear where/how to change that, and why wasn't it set up
    correctly to start with?)

    JProfiler: Instant gratification!

    (I'll give YourKit another 5min this weekend.)

    /Anders