Re: Reportmill RMPDFPage fails with pageWithName

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odeferous.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 00:16:35 EST

    On 15-Mar-06, at 11:40 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > WOLips is rather unlikely to cause a runtime exception. I'd guess
    > that the problem is due to some bad assumptions in the RM*
    > classes. The last time I worked with ReportMill (um, that would be
    > version 6 I think), I recall that I needed to patch how it was
    > I would look.
    >
    > I, and I'm sure many others, also have components without templates
    > and there has never been a problem.
    >
    > Chuck

    Thanks Chuck. It's weird, if remove the dummy wo bundle the app
    fails, if I add it back, the app works.

    The last time I used ReportMill it was version 5 (Ha! Beat you! ;-)
    and it had a wo bundle for each of the RM* classes. I moved that to
    Eclipse long ago and never had any problems - (other than vending pdf
    to IE over ssl that is...).

    The RM* classes look pretty straight forward (other than overiding
    template() and calling templateWithHTMLString) I can't see anything
    they are doing that could confuse pageWithName to think my app was a
    framework. But, well, It's late (for me) and its working now so I'm
    not really caring that much :-)

    --
    ;david

    -- David LeBer Codeferous Software 'co-defer-ous' adj. producing or containing code site: http://www.codeferous.com blog: http://david.codeferous.com