WOLips and AspectJ (Eclipse 3.1)

From: Jake Macmullin (jake.macmulli..siro.au)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 23:41:15 EDT

    Hi,

    Has anyone used AspectJ with WOLips?

    I'm hunting down a bug at the moment - and I'd like to add some
    logging code to all of my WOComponents. I know I could write a
    subclass of WOComponent with extra logging and then have all my
    WOComponents as subclasses of it - but this also seems like the
    perfect place for some aspect-oriented programming.

    There's a fairly old Stepwise article about this idea at:
    http://www.stepwise.com/Articles/AspectJ/

    When I install the eclipse AspectJ plugin:
    http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/

    It won't let me create 'aspects' in anything other than an 'AspectJ'
    project - and I don't know if WOLips will still work if I turn my
    WebObjects project into an 'AspectJ' one.

    Has anyone got this working?

    Regards,

    Jake MacMullin

    CSIRO Land and Water
    GPO Box 1666, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
    Ph: +61 2 6246 5708