Classpath woes

From: Pierre Frisch (pierre.frisc..pearway.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 11:51:26 EDT

    I have a WO application that runs perfectly well stand alone i.e. if
    I run it form the command line by launching the script at the top
    level of the .woa it run without problems, however I cannot manage to
    run correctly from Eclipse.

    If I run it with the standard settings the debugger comes back with
    ClassNotFoundError before starting. To me that indicates that it does
    not find one of the frameworks. The Application class is a subclass
    of an EntityApplication in a framework that is a subclass of
    WOApplication. I have tried various permutations of things in the
    classpath tab without success. As far as I can see it looks ok.

    I have tried to replace the main class with
    com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap and the app will start however
    none of the component load.

    The application is compiled using a custom build.xml that package the
    frameworks into jars and copy them inside the /Content/Extensions
    folder inside the application .woa

    Is there a way to visualize the classpath Eclipse/WOlips is
    generating? I am running Eclipse 3.1.1 and WOLips 2.0.0.86. I have
    used this same configuration to build and run small project (without
    dependent frameworks) without problems.

    Thanks for the help

    Pierre