Re: Migrate to XCode?

From: Pierre Frisch (pierre.frisc..pearway.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 11:01:34 EDT

    Hi John,

    If you have an ant build that works moving to XCode is trivial. Add
    your ant build as an external target and get you project to build as
    usual. I have some very large project that build that way and it
    works fine. Moving to the jam build system is far from trivial.

    If you want to stick with Eclipse try the following:

    Install a fresh version of eclipse M6.
    Add the remote update site WOLips and Subclipse
    Run the update for all of them in one operation
    Install all. (I know there are too much)

    This will give you a workable environment on MacOSX. All
    prerequisites are installed except jMechanics and I can live without.

    The component editor looks a bit unstable it mostly works but come
    with some error messages and sometime fails completely. Each time you
    click on a wod file it complains of the file association but does the
    right thing anyway. I am not sure what is the problem as all the file
    associations are there. I am trying a full reinstall at the moment to
    check if it not me having messed up things in my tests.

    Pierre