Re: Migrate to XCode?

From: Pierre Frisch (pierre.frisc..pearway.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 11:09:18 EDT

    Ken,

    I dont want to start a flame but I would not be as categorical as
    you. Yes Eclipse is a better Java environment but the UI design is
    bad and the stability is mediocre. My conclusion is that when it
    works and you can use the superb Java feature you save a lot of time
    but then you have to waste so much of it looking for things and
    fixing the crashes.

    I am using both environment: XCode with ant and WOProject; Eclipse
    3.1 with WOLips 2.0.0.86 and I have very mixed feeling as to which is
    the better environment. I am experimenting with eclipse M6 hoping it
    will be more stable. I dont want to spend time fixing my development
    environment all the time, and Eclipse 3.1 crashes on me at least once
    a day.

    Pierre