Re: CVS migration note

From: logan.allre..onvergys.com
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 11:59:30 EDT

    Mike Schrag <mschra..dimension.com> wrote on 04/24/2006 06:00:07 AM:

    > Yeah, I agree ... Since you're going above-and-beyond the call of
    > duty by hosting, if SVN is less pain for you, I say go for it.
    > However, I don't currently use SVN. What "features" of the
    > Subversion Eclipse plugins should I prepare to get really annoyed with?

    The good news is that when you get annoyed, the command line client or
    SvnX will take care of it for you :). It's worked pretty well for me so
    far, though I did get it very confused when I accidentally switched the
    working copy to a bad branch URL. You also have to remember to do your
    move/renames/deletes from within Eclipse or with the other clients if it
    will affect the repository. It also doesn't support change sets yet if
    you're used to using those from the CVS plugin.

    I switched my SourceForge project from CVS to SVN a few weeks ago, and so
    far SourceForge's SVN has worked great. No downtime I've noticed, and
    non-developer access seems to keep right up to date. I only had to run the
    SF convert script twice on my repository to get it good enough for me. My
    project is pretty simple though.

    Logan