Re: WOBuilder and WOLips "Could not open source file"

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odeferous.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 07:52:59 EDT

    On 27-Apr-06, at 5:20 AM, Cedarstone wrote:

    > I know that the WOBuilder issue keeps coming up but I still do not
    > seem to be able to get WOBuilder to work with WOLips.
    > I have done the following on Mac OSX:
    >
    > Installed Eclipse 3.2M6
    > Downloaded and installed wolips-all-latest.tar.gz (2.0.0.115)
    > I create a new WOLips application from Eclipse and all looks good.
    > I then open the same project in XCode 2.2
    > From Eclipse I then open the Main.wo file up in WOBuilder 5.3.1
    > However WOBuilder complains that it "Could not open source file"
    > and does not show any variables etc.
    >
    > I am a WO newbie and would dearly love to use Eclipse with WOLips,
    > which looks very promising. I am so close but cannot just get this
    > aspect to work, any help much appreciated.

    Yeah.

    Currently there is something not quite right with the wolips
    generated .xcodproj file.

    Try this:

    In Eclips -> Preferences -> WOLips -> Build

            Enable Write Xcode .xcode on build
            Disable Write Xcode .xcodeproj on build

    Re build your project

    Open the resulting .xcode file in Xcode and just confirm the update
    dialog.

    WOBuilder should now be able to find the source file.

    In Eclips -> Preferences -> WOLips -> Build

            Disable Write Xcode .xcode on build
            Enable Write Xcode .xcodeproj on build

    If WOBuilder loses the ability to find the source files repeat these
    steps.

    --
    ;david

    -- David LeBer Codeferous Software 'co-defer-ous' adj. producing or containing code site: http://www.codeferous.com blog: http://david.codeferous.com