RC2 working? (was Re: Eclipse >M5 very flaky)

From: Marc Respass (marcrespas..ac.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 13:02:32 EDT

    Hi all,

    I seem to have RC2 working. What a pain though. I got RC2 and ran the
    Calisto update. I created a new WOLips site and tried to install that
    but whenever I checked anything in WOLips, I could not continue. What
    I did was install some things that I thought I needed which was the
    Models and Model Development package. After that, I was able to
    select WOLips as long as I also install almost everything else (see
    attached pic).

    I restarted Eclipse RC2, switched to the WOLips Perspective, created
    a WOLips app (Main displays a string), and ran. Seems to work fine. I
    debugged and that works with some problems. I had to click the
    Variables view to see the variables. I had to change the default
    editor for *.java from the WOComponent editor to the Java Editor or
    the debugger would not show which line I'm on. Also, if I click the
    line in the Debug view, another WOComponent view is opened instead of
    going to the line in the current view.

    Overall, it doesn't seem any less useable than RC1. I did notice Mac
    style keyboard shortcuts. At this point, my brain shifts to Eclipse-
    mode and I use PeeCee shortcuts to move around. I'll actually have to
    get used to what I use everywhere else when using Eclipse now :)

    Marc