Re: Newbie: Need post-installation help

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 10:56:17 EDT

    WOLips cannot include WebObjects -- that would be in violation of
    Apple's license. It is up to WOLips users to properly install
    WebObjects on your machine before you can use WOLips.

    As far as docs go, because it's a volunteer project, the time that
    goes into it (like most unfortunately) is in development rather than
    docs. All the docs that I've written (which annoyingly are now a
    little out of date because of Eclipse 3.2RCx) are all Mac-based and
    presume you already have WebObjects, and odds are that I probably
    won't be writing Windows docs any time soon (it pains me too
    much :) ). I'd love to have you submit the process you end up going
    through, though -- That would be a great addition to the wiki.

    For Cayenne, there's no support in WOLips for anything specifically
    for it. However, there's also not really what I would call "explicit
    support" for EOF, either -- it's just a library you use (other than
    the ability to right click on an EOModel and open it with EOModeler
    -- not exactly what I would call "support" :) ). If you have
    specific requests for Cayenne support, I would recommend putting them
    in the WOLips Jira.

    ms