Eclipse/svn/subversion Question: project /trunk & bad documentaion?

From: Greg Brown (gsbrow..mich.edu)
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 10:07:06 EDT

    This is a little OT, but nobody at the subclipse project knew, and
    mark..oftlanding.com, the subclipse guru thought it may be a Mac
    Eclipse problem. So maybe some people here can help?

    I setup a svn://server.com/, and it works great, so I tried to put my
    WOlips project in the svn server, on Mac os x 10.4.6, eclipse 3.12
    (Is there a stable 3.2 yet?)

    The documentation which comes with the 1.01 subclipse plugin seems
    wrong. I tried to import my project following the eclipse help
    instructions "Import a new Project into a SVN Repository" which came
    with the plugin. I follow along until the step which is shown below:
    ( Enter Folder Name, for sharing the project.) I never see that
    dialog box! It skips over it. It just asks for a password and then
    commits the whole project, I never get to add a /trunk directory.
    (Subversion folks recommends a ProjA/trunk directory structure for
    the main trunk of a project.)

    The best I can do is browse the svn repository, add a "Remote
    Folder", then when I " Import a new Project into a SVN Repository ",
    use a new repository specifying /trunk under that new Remote Folder I
    just made. This makes a projectA/trunk/projectA structure.

    Does anybody's Mac/Eclipse subclipse work like the documentaion? Is
    this a Mac thing? or maybe an Eclipse 3.12 thing?

    Eclipse 3.12 / subclipse 1.01

    Thanks.

    Greg Brown
    gsbrow..mich.edu