EOGenerator support

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 14:09:01 EDT

    The latest wolips (124) adds a little nicer support for EOGenerator.
    I went the route of how Eclipse supports .jardesc files for producing
    jar files. The first thing you should do is setup the fields in the
    WOLips=>EOGenerator preferences. Next, use the new EOGenerator
    wizard (under the WOLips section of the New.. window), and fill in
    the attributes of your eogenerator configuration. To execute it, you
    can right-click=>WOlips=>EOGenerate... the file. I have not tried
    this on Windows at all, and I suspect there will be some escaping of
    backslash issues at the very least. You can have multiple .eogen
    files in your project if you have different sets of eogenerator
    configurations. It's a first-version, so bear with it :) I'm pretty
    annoyed with the file/folder selection dialogs that eclipse provides
    -- on the Mac, none of them appear to default to the folder that I
    specify, which is pretty annoying.

    One thing also is that if you change your global EOGenerator
    preferences after having created eogens, your .eogens will need to be
    updated (reopen, remove explicit references to default values, and
    resave). The eogen file itself is actually a one-line script that
    you can run from the shell also. I have no idea if this is useful to
    anyone. It makes life kind of annoying to maintain, so I might toss
    that if nobody has an opinion on it.

    ms