Re: Can't get the latest nightly upgrade

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 09:32:49 EDT

    Am 16.05.2006 um 15:25 schrieb Watkins, Garry:

    > I can’t reproduce it now, because I can’t get a new project created
    > with all of the base files that are needed (separate problem see
    > below). I got frustrated and deleted the other project that was
    > having the problem. However, all of my existing projects work with
    > both ant and incremental. Where is the “Refresh...” option set?

    It's under /General/Workspace.

    > My setup is:
    >
    > Mac OS/X 10.4.6
    > Java 1.4.2 and Java 5 (it did it using both)
    > I think that I was using the ant build.
    >
    > Problem with new WOApplication and WOFramework projects. I think
    > this may be because I am using all .jar files in the plugins
    > directory, I am not sure which jar should be expanded.
    >
    > It is only creating the folders: src, Main.wo, bin, and woproject.
    > It is not generating any of the other files except “.project”.
    > It only creates the .project file with theses contents. Note: it
    > doesn’t have any of the natures set up.
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <projectDescription>
    > projects> <buildSpec> </buildSpec> <natures> </natures>
    > </projectDescription>

    After creating the project wait some seconds. I'll take a look at it
    later today.

    > Thanks
    > Garry
    >
    > On 5/16/06 2:49 AM, "Ulrich Köster" <ulric..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Moin Garry,
    >>
    >> incremental or ant builder? Default output location?
    >>
    >> Is the "Refresh workspace automatically" option enabled? Win or Mac?
    >>
    >> Steps to reproduce it.
    >>
    >> Uli
    >> Am 15.05.2006 um 22:43 schrieb Watkins, Garry:
    >>
    >>> I just upgraded and I am getting the following exceptions when
    >>> trying to launch:
    >>>
    >>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2006-05-15 16:27:42.783
    >>> !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching".
    >>> !STACK 0
    >>> java.lang.NullPointerException
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.datasets.adaptable.JavaProjectClasspath.getWO
    >>> JavaArchive(JavaProjectClasspath.java:488)
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.classpath.WORuntimeClasspathProvide
    >>> r.resolveClasspath(WORuntimeClasspathProvider.java:136)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.RuntimeClasspathProvider.resolveC
    >>> lasspath(RuntimeClasspathProvider.java:60)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.resolveRuntimeClasspath
    >>> (JavaRuntime.java:1182)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.ge
    >>> tClasspath(AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:415)
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.delegates.WOJavaLocalApplicationLau
    >>> nchConfigurationDelegate.getClasspath
    >>> (WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:145)
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.delegates.WOJavaLocalApplicationLau
    >>> nchConfigurationDelegate.launch
    >>> (WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:240)
    >>> at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch
    >>> (LaunchConfiguration.java:639)
    >>> at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch
    >>> (LaunchConfiguration.java:565)
    >>> at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch
    >>> (DebugUIPlugin.java:754)
    >>> at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run
    >>> (DebugUIPlugin.java:944)
    >>> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)
    >>>

    >>> I fixed the first one (put a not null check on line 488) and it
    >>> gave me this error instead.
    >>>
    >>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2006-05-15 16:40:19.085
    >>> !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching".
    >>> !STACK 0
    >>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion
    >>> failed: Library path cannot be null
    >>> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:109)
    >>> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.newLibraryEntry
    >>> (JavaCore.java:3371)
    >>> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.newLibraryEntry
    >>> (JavaCore.java:3268)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.newArchiveRuntimeClasspathEntr
    >>> y(JavaRuntime.java:602)
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.classpath.WORuntimeClasspathProvide
    >>> r.resolveClasspath(WORuntimeClasspathProvider.java:137)