Re: Can't get the latest nightly upgrade

From: Watkins, Garry (gwatkin..otleyrice.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 11:07:20 EDT

    Ok I was able to duplicate the problem. The problem occurs when I use a
    regular java project as part of the WOApplication classpath. More
    specifically I am using the cayenne-java project because I am trying to do
    WO and Cayenne integration. If I take the project out of the build path
    everything works.

    Steps to reproduce:

    A) Create new WebObjects Application WOAPP
    B) Create new Java Project JPROJ with src and bin
    C) Modify class path for WOAPP to use the JPROJ procject
    D) Run WOAPP

    Here is my .classpath file

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <classpath>
        <classpathentry
    kind="src" path="src"/>
        <classpathentry combineaccessrules="false"
    kind="src" path="/cayenne-java"/>
        <classpathentry kind="lib"
    path="cayenne.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="con"
    path="org.objectstyle.wolips.WO_CLASSPATH/JavaWOExtensions/JavaEOAccess/Java
    EOControl/JavaFoundation/JavaJDBCAdaptor/JavaWebObjects/JavaXML"/>

    <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/>
    <classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
    </classpath>

    Here is my .project file

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <projectDescription>

    <name>EOCayenneTest</name>
        <comment></comment>
        <projects>

    </projects>
        <buildSpec>
            <buildCommand>

    <name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
                <arguments>

    </arguments>
            </buildCommand>
            <buildCommand>

    <name>org.objectstyle.wolips.incrementalbuilder</name>

    <arguments>
                </arguments>
            </buildCommand>

    </buildSpec>
        <natures>

    <nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>

    <nature>org.objectstyle.wolips.incrementalapplicationnature</nature>

    </natures>
    </projectDescription>

    Thanks
    Garry

    On 5/16/06 4:24 AM, "Anjo Krank" <kran..ogicunited.com> wrote:

    > Gary,
    >
    > Contents of the /MyProject/.classpath and .project file?
    >
    > I saw sth like this too yesterday, but I attributed it to some
    > changes I made in the Javadoc handling code. It would be nice to know
    > that this wasn't the cause, because Eclipse can now parse external JD
    > pretty well.
    >
    > Cheers, Anjo
    >
    > Am 16.05.2006 um 08:49 schrieb Ulrich Köster:
    >
    >> Moin Garry,
    >>
    >> incremental or ant builder? Default output location?
    >>
    >> Is the "Refresh workspace automatically" option enabled? Win or Mac?
    >>
    >> Steps to reproduce it.
    >>
    >> Uli
    >> Am 15.05.2006 um 22:43 schrieb Watkins, Garry:
    >>
    >>> I just upgraded and I am getting the following exceptions when
    >>> trying to launch:
    >>>
    >>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2006-05-15 16:27:42.783
    >>> !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching".
    >>> !STACK 0
    >>> java.lang.NullPointerException
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.datasets.adaptable.JavaProjectClasspath.getWOJ
    >>> avaArchive(JavaProjectClasspath.java:488)
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.classpath.WORuntimeClasspathProvider
    >>> .resolveClasspath(WORuntimeClasspathProvider.java:136)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.RuntimeClasspathProvider.resolveCl
    >>> asspath(RuntimeClasspathProvider.java:60)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.resolveRuntimeClasspath
    >>> (JavaRuntime.java:1182)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.get
    >>> Classpath(AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:415)
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.delegates.WOJavaLocalApplicationLaun
    >>> chConfigurationDelegate.getClasspath
    >>> (WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:145)
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.delegates.WOJavaLocalApplicationLaun
    >>> chConfigurationDelegate.launch
    >>> (WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:240)
    >>> at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch
    >>> (LaunchConfiguration.java:639)
    >>> at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch
    >>> (LaunchConfiguration.java:565)
    >>> at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch
    >>> (DebugUIPlugin.java:754)
    >>> at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run
    >>> (DebugUIPlugin.java:944)
    >>> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)
    >>>

    >>> I fixed the first one (put a not null check on line 488) and it
    >>> gave me this error instead.
    >>>
    >>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2006-05-15 16:40:19.085
    >>> !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching".
    >>> !STACK 0
    >>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion
    >>> failed: Library path cannot be null
    >>> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:109)
    >>> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.newLibraryEntry(JavaCore.java:
    >>> 3371)
    >>> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.newLibraryEntry(JavaCore.java:
    >>> 3268)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.newArchiveRuntimeClasspathEntry
    >>> (JavaRuntime.java:602)

    --
    Garry Watkins

    Database Administrator Motley Rice LLC 843-216-9639