Re: autoeogenerate

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 11:59:50 EDT

    I think it's actually the other way around ... I think the scope
    would need to be all the projects that DEPEND on this one (rather
    than all the projects that this project depends on).

    For example:
    Accounting Framework Project
            Accounting Model
            Accounting.eogen

    Business Management Project
            depends on Accounting Framework
            Business Management Model
            BusinessManagement.eogen (has a refmodel Accounting Model)

    Accounting Model is modified. We now need to find all the .eogen
    files that might reference this model. The results in this case
    would be Accounting.eogen and BusinessManagement.eogen that need to
    be regenerated.

    The general rule then being, 1) look for eogens in the same project
    as the modified model, then 2) look for eogens in all the projects
    that depend on the project that contains the modified model.

    However, I /think/ that the only potential case where this causes a
    problem is cross-model inheritance where you have a method that
    generates based on inherited attributes. This SHOULD be kind of
    rare, I think, but we can do the full-blown search impl if people
    prefer it.

    ms