Re: Unsupported major.minor version 49.0?

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2006 - 23:22:57 EDT

    To make this work a little bit more reliably, you could switch the
    symlink in /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework back to 1.4,
    then open the Eclipse app wrapper and change the Info.plist to use 1.5.

    This has been a major pain in the course I gave and this was the
    "solution" we found works best. And I found that this doesn't work in
    the shell, but it does in Eclipse:

    bigbook:~ ak$ javac -source 1.5 -target 1.4
    javac: source release 1.5 requires target release 1.5

    Cheers, Anjo