Encoding trouble

From: Jürgen Lorenz Simon (juergen_simo..ac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 11:55:54 EDT

    Hi all,

    I've been pulling my hair out over the fact that WOBuilder and WOLips
    don's seem to get along too well.
    The cause of the problem remains in the dark, however it often creeps
    up when I change something at
    the beginning of a HTML file, that was created / maintained using
    WOBuilder before.

    The problem begins by all the component content not being rendered
    anymore. In spite the fact that
    WOLips still displays it normally. When opening the file in
    WOBuilder, the HTML source looks like chinese.
    No amount of copying and pasting from text edit into emacs into xcode
    into wobuilder into eclipse and
    any variation thereof brings the file back once WOLips f*cked it up.

    I've spend many hours cursing and throwing heavy objects through the
    office because of this. The only
    way back is to forget your work progress and revert the file from
    repository.

    I've tried to set the encoding in to UTF-8 in WOBuilder and the
    Eclipse properties of the file, in XCode etc.
    Even when making sure the encoding is identical in all editors used,
    the problem persists.

    I suspect some information is stored in the first two bytes of the
    html file that does not belong there. Can
    someone shed some light on this?