Re: eomodeler game plan

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 11:57:53 EDT

    It's still a bit of a question mark, I thought, as to whether you
    needed an OS X server license to deploy with or not. Apple contacted
    me about the plugin, though, so I'll email them and ask specifically.

    One particularly funky thing about SQL generation is that the
    EOModeler plugin runs in Eclipse's classpath, but the db plugins and
    JDBC drivers are in the PROJECT classpath. So we are going to have
    to do some crazy classpath manipulation to be able to run the SQL gen
    code in the project's classpath ... It should be totally doable,
    though, using JarClassLoader to setup a dynamic classpath to run within.

    Index creation would be AWESOME. That drives me CRAZY that EOM
    doesn't do it. As god is my witness, we will never go without
    indexes again :) I can add a new flag on attribute that lets you
    specify that it's indexed and write it into a custom entry in the plist.

    Oh by the way, re: plists being associated with eomodeler ... So I
    have a custom decorator that only sets the icon when a plist is
    inside of an eomodeld. However, to have double-clicking plists open
    EOModeler plugin, I had to add it to the extension list for the
    editor, which override my decorator. So it SHOULD be the case that a
    plist inside of an eomodeld folder has the entity icon, but maybe a
    plist somewhere else has the eomodel icon (which is the icon
    associated with EOModelEditor?).

    ms