Normalizing EOModel plists and avoiding CVS merge conflicts

From: mar..iffy-berlin.in-berlin.de
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 11:06:28 EDT

    Hi,

    I was constantly annoyed by the fact that different versions of
    EOModeler use different kinds of plist serialization and so even
    small changes to an EOModel cause completely different files. Trying
    to merge that with CVS is a nightmare.

    So I wrote a small tool to normalize all the plists in the eomodel.
    It sorts all the dictionaries and arrays alphabetically, puts every
    entry on its own line, puts quotes around everything, etc. Now only
    real changes show up as changes, which made my life with CVS much
    easier :)

    At the moment its just a small hack in the form of a plugin providing
    a single button. Problem is, I'm using the
    NSPropertyListSerialization that comes with WO, and so I had to copy
    the javafoundation.jar into the plugin.

    Now that there is the amazing new EOModeler perspective in WOlips, I
    wonder if there is interest to put that functionality into WOLips? I
    understand we cannot use WO jars in WOLips, but I assume there is a
    plist serializer in Cayenne or whatever the EOModeler perspective uses?

    If there is interest in this plugin, just drop me an email.

    Marc