Re: Normalizing EOModel plists and avoiding CVS merge conflicts

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 14:44:32 EDT

    Am 17.07.2006 um 20:34 schrieb Anjo Krank:

    > The new RuleModeler in ProjectWonder saves all D2W rules (sorted by
    > prio) each on its own line. A similar approach would be useful for
    > EOM, wouldn't it?

    Oh, and I verified that the app saves the rules the same way as the
    RuleEditor by saving the description inside of WO. Translating this
    to EOM, this would mean:

    - create a simple WO-EOF app, capable of loading and saving models,
    sth like:

      EOModelGroup group = new EOModelGroup();
      EOModel model = group.addModelWithPathUrl(url); // add others as
    needed
      group.models().valueForKeyPath("entities.attributes"); // touch
    model, not sure if needed
      model.writeToFile(outFile);

    - create a model in EOM, save
    - open EOF app, load the model, save it as plist1
    - open the model in EOLips, save it
    - open EOF app, load the model, save it as plist2
    - diff plists, see if they match

    This way, you'd quickly find all the stuff that really mattered...

    Cheers, Anjo