EOModel normalizing: Sorting arrays? (was Re: EOModel Editor)

From: mar..iffy-berlin.in-berlin.de
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 06:59:37 EDT

    On 17. Jul. 2006, at 23:47, Watkins, Garry wrote:

    > ...Since you have been sorting things from dictionaries today,
    > would you automatically sort by the keys of the user info
    > dictionary in the properties inspector?

    I assume Mike is using my code, so yes, the keys of the user
    dictionary are sorted. But as dictionaries don't have an order
    anyway, it doesn't matter.

    There is a possible problem with arrays though. I assumed that there
    are no arrays whose element order matters, so I simply sort all the
    arrays I find. Otherwise the whole thing wouldn't make sense, as for
    example the list of entities (which EOModeler constantly scrambles
    around) is an array. I am not aware of any arrays where the order of
    their elements matters, except maybe arrays that have been put in the
    user info doctionary.

    Maybe the code should be changed to not sort arrays which are below
    an entry named 'userInfo'. Sounds like a hack, though :)

    Marc