EOModeler Feature Request

From: Dov Rosenberg (dov.rosenber..onviveon.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 09:36:43 EDT

    I have been following the discussions on the Cayenne usage within the
    EOModeler with some interest. We have been using WO since 1997 and recently
    started using Cayenne for some new projects. Cayenne is a nice product and
    fills some holes left open by EOF (i.e. Support for DB2, db connection
    pooling, etc). But I really donšt see why there should be any concern what
    technology is being used to provide a tool to build an EOModel as long as it
    works within your application.

    That being said, in addition to adding the ability to generate indexes for
    the model ­ it would be VERY helpful to provide an ability to capture column
    and table level comments/descriptions and a ready way to generate a data
    dictionary. Maintaining that kind of information inside the model would be
    perfect instead of having to keep the documentation separate.

    --
    Dov Rosenberg
    Inquira Inc