Cayenne module partitioning

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 17:22:35 EDT

    Forgetting for a moment a recent discussion whether cayenne.jar
    should be used in WOLips, and assuming that it will... We are doing a
    reorg of Cayenne source tree, migrating it from Ant to Maven2. This
    is an opportunity to split the monolithic distro into smaller modules
    that can be assembled in custom distributions.

    I hoped we could split everything WO-related to a separate
    independent module, but it looks like only plist serializer is
    independent from the rest of the framework. EOModel import code of
    course uses stuff from Cayenne map, query, dba, exp, util packages
    (and probably indirectly from other packages). On the other hand the
    core jar size will probably be reduced from 1.3M to around 400K (plus
    Jakarta dependencies), so I guess we can have cayenne-wo depending on
    cayenne-core, leaving out the stack and the remoting stuff.

    I am just thinking out loud here... Figured I'll give a heads up to
    the WOLips developers.

    Andrus