Re: Up-to-date steps needed to build a SSDD with WOLips

From: logan.allre..onvergys.com
Date: Mon Jul 24 2006 - 19:11:57 EDT

    Jake MacMullin wrote on 07/23/2006 09:02:52 PM:

    > Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to build a *stand-alone*
    > ssdd with Eclipse / WOLips?
    >
    > I'm trying to follow the instructions here:
    > http://objectstyle.org/woproject-old/lists/woproject-dev/
    > 2005/02/0038.html
    >
    > But I don't know if they're still relevant for WOLips 2.0.0.2854. In
    > any case, I can't get it to work - whenever I try to run the
    > application in Tomcat 5.0.28 I get the following error:
    > javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class
    > com.webobjects.jspservlet.WOServletAdaptor or a class it depends on

    This almost sounds like you don't have the JavaWOJSPServlet framework
    linked in your project correctly, or are missing the servlet.jar from
    /Library/WebObjects/Extensions (or equivalent on Windows)

    > What is the most direct path to get a "Hello World" application built
    > as a stand-alone ssdd using Eclipse / WOLips?

    I haven't built an SSDD with WOLips in the last 3 weeks, so I'm not sure
    about the latest WOLips builds, but what I did before that was to first
    build a stock SSDD project in Xcode and figure out where all the pieces
    are supposed to go.

    I then copied this "stub" up to my servlet container (Tomcat) and got it
    to deploy.

    I then played around with the WOLips build.xml (mostly just removed the if
    false parts) until it claimed it was building a servlet deployment.
    However, I could never get the WOLips-generated servlet deploy to ever
    work, though I didn't try at it to hard. I discovered that if I copy the
    .woa generated by WOLips up to where the .woa lives in the SSDD deploy, I
    could get it to work (I don't change the frameworks much, so I don't worry
    about that part of the build for now, or I handle it manually when I do).
    So I don't ever deploy straight from WOLips to a container, I build the
    .woa in WOLips and scp it up to the right place in my Xcode-generated SSDD
    stub on Tomcat and that worked well enough for what I was doing.

    I'm pretty sure the WOLips build file can be coaxed into generating a
    correct SSDD, I just haven't taken the time yet to figure out where it's
    wrong. I'm pretty sure it wasn't copying the Frameworks correctly, and I
    get 2 copies of the web.xml, one of which is quite wrong but it's on the
    wrong place so it's never used and irrelevant. There are some other subtle
    issues as well, but I don't remember them right now.

    I'll be glad to help more if I can.

    Logan