Re: EOModeler Attributes

From: Sébastien Sahuc (lis..ahuc.net)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2006 - 15:17:06 EDT

    > If you turn on contents comparison vs just timestamp comparison (or
    > whatever it's technically called), you should find that
    > the .eomodeld files becomes diff-stable after the first save (i.e.
    > if you open an old model, it will write it back out sorted, and
    > successive saves will maintain that sort order).

    This is precisely a blocker for us if we were to use the new EO Model
    editor because half of the team use IDEA + legacy EOModeler, so code
    collaboration isn't going to work. Unless we save the model with
    eclipse + EO model editor , then reload it within EOModeler and save
    it back. What you think ?

    Sebastien

      (again, kudos for making this happen)

    On Jul 25, 2006, at 11:52 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > Right now it rewrites the whole thing ... It's certainly "doable"
    > to not have to do this, but for the first pass it makes me a little
    > nervous. If it misses marking an entity dirty, it would just toss
    > data, which would really suck. The EOModel file format really
    > doesn't help us here either, because it's crazy unnormalized.
    > There are cross-file references in multiple places, so for instance
    > even if you didn't add a new entity, you might have to rewrite
    > index.eomodeld just because it has the class name of its entities
    > in it.
    >
    > If you turn on contents comparison vs just timestamp comparison (or
    > whatever it's technically called), you should find that
    > the .eomodeld files becomes diff-stable after the first save (i.e.
    > if you open an old model, it will write it back out sorted, and
    > successive saves will maintain that sort order).
    >
    > But consider the requests duly noted.
    >
    > ms
    >
    > On Jul 25, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Watkins, Garry wrote:
    >
    >> Do you re-write all of the entities when you save? If you do, I
    >> would
    >> like to put in a request that it only write files (entities, fetch
    >> specs) after they have been changed. That way subversion doesn't
    >> tell me
    >> that all 200+ files of my model have changed. One more thing, it is
    >> writing an initial blank line, which causes subversion to pick up
    >> differences.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >> Garry

    >>> columnName = ID_AMOUNT;