Re: Modeler

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 01:53:29 EDT

    OK try the latest build and see if that works properly ... So is it
    true then that you can flatten an attribute if it only traverses to-
    One relationships? If not, what is the meaning of a flattened
    attribute that has a tomany someone in its keypath? Right now it's
    not performing this check, but I will add it in once I get the "yes
    you're right" :)

    ms

    On Jul 25, 2006, at 12:39 PM, Pierre Frisch wrote:

    > Yes that is the way the WO toMany method works. I fact you can stop
    > your exploration as soon as you have found a toMany.
    >
    > Pierre
    >
    > On 25-Jul-06, at 8:52 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >> Oh ... Hmm.. So I think I see why it's not working. I was showing
    >> a to-many icon on the flattened relationship if the TARGET of the
    >> flattened relationship is a to-many. But in your case, the end
    >> target is a to-one, but it passes THROUGH a to-many to get there.
    >> So I think the rule should actually be that if any relationship in
    >> the relationship path is a to-many then the flattened relationship
    >> is a to-many? Would you agree with that?
    >>
    >> ms
    >>
    >> On Jul 25, 2006, at 11:21 AM, Pierre Frisch wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi Mike,
    >>>
    >>> How is the fetchspec editor meant to work? It does not appears to
    >>> do anything for me.
    >>>
    >>> Also I still have a problem where the flatten relationship is not
    >>> shown as a to Many even through it should.
    >>>
    >>> relationships = (
    >>> {
    >>> deleteRule = EODeleteRuleCascade;
    >>> destination = UserPreferencesPublication;
    >>> isToMany = Y;
    >>> joinSemantic = EOInnerJoin;
    >>> joins = ({destinationAttribute = oidUserPreferences;
    >>> sourceAttribute = oid; });
    >>> name = publicationUserPreferencess;
    >>> propagatesPrimaryKey = Y;
    >>> },
    >>> {
    >>> definition = "publicationUserPreferencess.publication";
    >>> joinSemantic = EOInnerJoin;