Entity Modeler fetch specs

From: Watkins, Garry (gwatkin..otleyrice.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 09:39:13 EDT

    This is just a note of warning if you are using eogenerator to generate
    static methods that call fetch specifications. Since the new Entity
    Modeler now orders the plists, eogenerator is reordering some of the
    parameters that are being generated, thus causing method signatures to
    be different. To fix this I have modified my eogenerator to sort the
    bindings array by name, therefore it will always generate the method
    signature in the same order as long as I do not add new bindings to the
    fetch spec. But I am going to find the places where I am calling the
    code, to make sure it is calling them correctly, for the cases where I
    send in multiple parameters of the same type.

    I just ran into this problem, so I thought that I would warn people.

    Mike, were you doing the eogenerator modifications too? If so, couldn't
    we use the same methodology that you are going to use for indexes and to
    store the eogenerator parameter information in the eomodel.userInfo
    dictionary? Then we could store the eogenerator path in the
    wobuild.properties file.

    Thanks
    Garry

    Confidential & Privileged

    Unless otherwise indicated or obvious from its nature, the information contained in this communication is attorney-client privileged and confidential information/work product. This communication is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error or are not sure whether it is privileged, please immediately notify us by return e-mail and destroy any copies--electronic, paper or otherwise--which you may have of this communication.