Re: EOModeler Attributes

From: Marc Guenther (mar..iffy-berlin.in-berlin.de)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 04:43:10 EDT

    On 25. Jul. 2006, at 21:17, Sébastien Sahuc wrote:
    > This is precisely a blocker for us if we were to use the new EO
    > Model editor because half of the team use IDEA + legacy EOModeler,
    > so code collaboration isn't going to work. Unless we save the model
    > with eclipse + EO model editor , then reload it within EOModeler
    > and save it back.

    You could us my little Eclipse plugin/commandline tool for
    normalizing eomodels:
    http://www.biffy-berlin.de/marc/EOModelNormalizer.0.0.4_src.zip
    It can be called from the commandline or used as a plugin. For the
    plugin, it needs the javafoundation.jar copied into the lib directory.

    Please note that it:
    - uses WO libraries instead of cayenne, so it produces a different
    output than the Entity Modeler. You could still use it after saving
    from Entity Modeler, though.
    - still sorts ALL arrays, which means it will shuffle your sort
    orderings and user dictionaries.

    I will probably change this soon.

    Further ideas:
    - Make an ant taks out of this
    - make an Obj-C version, which could be loaded as an EOModeler bundle.

    Marc