Re: sql gen is in

From: Guido Neitzer (guido.neitze..harmaline.de)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 07:53:30 EDT

    On 30.07.2006, at 6:52 Uhr, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > SQL Generation is in ...

    Very nice work Mike. One question though for general handling: how is
    one supposed to open a model? Double click on an entity inside the
    eomodeld folder?

    Another thing:

    As you don't do the sql generation yourself, I don't know whether you
    can possibly solve the problems with entity inheritance like "the
    impossible constraint".

    Situation:

    Entity Person exits. Entity AppUser inherits (Single Table
    Inheritance) from it and defines two additional attributes (besides
    others): login and password. They are set to "not null". EOModeler
    and Entity Modeler generate wrongs sql for this: they set login and
    password to be not null in the database too, so you can't create
    Person instances anymore as they don't know anything about the
    attributes.

    But I like to have them marked as "not null" because with this I get
    validation messages from EOF about it.

    Also with single table inheritance the "drop table xy" appears as
    often as used in entities, which is also not correct.

    But, thanks for this nice piece of work! I'm very used to using
    EOModeler and I mostly like it despite its problems. I'll see how I
    can benefit from using Entity Modeler.

    cug