Re: sql gen is in

From: Guido Neitzer (guido.neitze..harmaline.de)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 14:01:41 EDT

    On 30.07.2006, at 6:52 Uhr, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > SQL Generation is in ... That was insane, and I'll be interested to
    > hear success/failure stories with it. Long story short, it turned
    > out to be a huge pain trying to use the eclipse launching API's to
    > do it, so I manually construct a URLClassLoader from all the jars
    > in all of your dependent projects and frameworks in the project
    > that contains the model you're generating along with a jar we
    > include in Entity Modeler that is built against WO classes. Under
    > normal conditions this code won't execute, but because we are
    > running in the classpath of your project, the WO jars exist
    > properly and it can execute. I believe this should work pretty
    > well, though. There are really only 4 frameworks that are required
    > to generate SQL, and those frameworks (I think) are always included
    > in your WO projects.

    By the way:

    The SQL generation seems to be better / more correct with your code
    than with the original EOModeler. I had issues with EOModeler not
    creating some foreign key constraints (just created a new entity with
    two to one relationships, EOModeler has created foreign key
    constraints only for one relationship (with PostgreSQL plugin, don't
    know whether it's dependant on the plugin) where Entity Modeler
    created the correct two constraints!

    Again Mike, thanks for this great every day help!

    cug