Re: sql gen is in

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf (lars.sonchocky-helldor..amburg.de)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 14:37:59 EDT

    Am 30.07.2006 um 20:01 schrieb Guido Neitzer:

    > On 30.07.2006, at 6:52 Uhr, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >> SQL Generation is in ... That was insane, and I'll be interested
    >> to hear success/failure stories with it. Long story short, it
    >> turned out to be a huge pain trying to use the eclipse launching
    >> API's to do it, so I manually construct a URLClassLoader from all
    >> the jars in all of your dependent projects and frameworks in the
    >> project that contains the model you're generating along with a jar
    >> we include in Entity Modeler that is built against WO classes.
    >> Under normal conditions this code won't execute, but because we
    >> are running in the classpath of your project, the WO jars exist
    >> properly and it can execute. I believe this should work pretty
    >> well, though. There are really only 4 frameworks that are
    >> required to generate SQL, and those frameworks (I think) are
    >> always included in your WO projects.
    >
    > By the way:
    >
    > The SQL generation seems to be better / more correct with your code
    > than with the original EOModeler. I had issues with EOModeler not
    > creating some foreign key constraints (just created a new entity
    > with two to one relationships, EOModeler has created foreign key
    > constraints only for one relationship (with PostgreSQL plugin,
    > don't know whether it's dependant on the plugin) where Entity
    > Modeler created the correct two constraints!

    SQL Generation is dependent on PostgreSQL plugin, here (assense GmbH)
    we (in fact Atze) needed to fix the plugin to allow for fetching a
    relationship from the abstract superclass in a Horizontal Mapping
    situation. Also that plug in was responsible for issuing sequence
    generating code when a certain sequence wasn't found (because it
    referred to the entity name rather than the missing name of the (non
    existant) table (externalName) to do so). btw. ask Atze
    (atz..ssense.com) if you're interested in that PostgreSQL plugin fix.

    > Again Mike, thanks for this great every day help!
    >
    > cug

    regards, Lars