Re: Entity Modeler

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 08:03:47 EDT

    That's EOModeler's rule, but not WO Runtime's rule. We implement WO
    Runtime's rule and find all of them. I think EOModeler's approach is
    kind of bogus, personally. I suspect the reason WO runtime doesn't
    explode for him in weird ways is that he must deploy the one
    particular model to his app that matches the database rather than
    deploying all of them (like we see it at development time).

    I'm thinking that we should just make last-model-loaded-wins for
    entity names and if you have this scenario, you have to just kind of
    deal with the potential weirdness.

    ms

    On Jul 31, 2006, at 7:54 AM, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    > Only if they are included in the PB.project/Xcode file.
    >
    > Uli
    > Am 31.07.2006 um 13:45 schrieb Mike Schrag:
    >
    >> How do you actually use these models at runtime without totally
    >> confusing your WO app? The rules of NSBundle are what we are
    >> based on, which is "load all the models we find," hence the
    >> explosion you're seeing (though I really expected it to rename
    >> duplicate entity names -- also not desirable for you, but I'll
    >> have to check on that one).
    >>
    >> ms
    >>
    >> On Jul 31, 2006, at 5:07 AM, Stéphan Mertz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have in my project, different version of the same Model, one
    >>> for each database I use.
    >>> If I try to open a model, I have this exception:
    >>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Failed to load model in F/
    >>> JavaResUrgencesEO/models/ResUrgences_MySQL.eomodeld.
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.model.EclipseEOModelGroupFactory
    >>> $ModelVisitor.visit(EclipseEOModelGroupFactory.java:163)
    >>> [...]
    >>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException[0]:
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.model.DuplicateEntityNameException:
    >>> There is more than one entity named 'Acte' in this model group.
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.model.EOModel._checkForDuplicateEnt