Re: Bug in PBServer ?

From: Pierre Frisch (pierre.frisc..pearway.com)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 23:46:41 EDT

    I may be wrong as I have not yet found what is going on exactly but I
    did two things I removed the option in PBServer enabled and I also
    removed the Team>SVN>Label Decorator>General compute deep outgoing
    state for folder and now the contextual menu take a few seconds (5
    top 10) to appear. Before I had the spinning wheel for ever. As I
    said I am not sure of anything but I have suspicions. This only
    occurs when I import projects from a macro-project. I don't
    understand why eclipse would spend 49% of the cpu time in the socket
    accept when it is meant to display a contextual menu and there is not
    WO application running. When this happens the machine is pegged to
    the maximum load, at least my unique G4 chip is 100% loaded.

    I looked at the code and I agree with you it should not do anything
    but it does. I really like to understand what is going on and without
    that option the machine is a lot more responsive.

    Thank you

    Pierre