Re: I need a little help...

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 07:45:33 EDT

    > Issue #1 (may or may not be contributing to the problem)
    > On http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Install+WOLips
    > +with+Eclipse+Update+Manager, step 12 :
    > When I click Select Required, I get less items selected than Mike
    > shows in the picture. I just assumed that Mike selected some extras
    > when doing the screenshots that are not required by WOLips.
    Eclipse bug ... They switched to a lazy-loading tree at some point in
    the 3.2 timeframe. As a result, if you haven't expanded the Callisto
    tree node, they don't find other required plugins. Try just opening
    the top tree node, THEN select required. This broke sometime after I
    wrote the docs and I haven't had a chance to update them.

    > Issue #2 (probably contributing to my trouble)
    > When I create the WOLipsTest project at
    > http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Create+a+new+WO
    > +Application, step 6,7
    > I have a different set of objects than shown in the pic....
    > - I have a 'bin', but no 'build'
    > - I have no WO Frameworks (must this be connected manually?)
    > - I have no JRE System Library (must this be connected manually?)
    Problem #2 and #3 are related to this. There is a race condition
    somewhere inside of the project creation wizard. I tried to track it
    down when I was at WWDC, but I couldn't find it at the time. I'm on
    "real work" for about two weeks before I can get back to this, but
    maybe Ulrich will have some time to take a look at this one. What
    happens is that under certain conditions, New WOApplication project
    wizard ends up NOT becoming a WOLips or Java project, and as a
    result, you don't end up with a build folder or WOFrameworks. If you
    delete the project and try to create one again, it might fix it.
    This is REALLY bad for new people because there's just no explanation
    as to what happened. What kind of machine do you have? This seems
    to be more repeatable on slower machines, though it DOES happen on my
    MBP as well (just not as often).

    ms