Re: I need a little help...

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 13:40:05 EDT

    On Aug 15, 2006, at 10:23 AM, David Holt wrote:

    > Hi Mike,
    >
    > Are there any special considerations for importing an XCode
    > WebObjects project to Eclipse? If so, would you consider adding
    > this to the tutorial as well at some point? I have gone through the
    > introductory stuff, but I will need to migrate my existing XCode
    > projects and I am guessing that there will be a number of us in a
    > similar position. Thanks!

    David, this is not aimed at you personally, this just seemed like a
    good message to add this onto.

    I think one thing that we all need to stop doing is saying, "Mike can
    you do ...?" Mike worked his ass off getting Entity Modeler ready
    and added a lot of features that he had no need for. Mike has real
    work to do, a deadline, a family, and no where near enough sleep.
    The rest of us need to pick up the ball and provide documentation,
    test plans, tutorials, etc. Mike has done more than his fair share,
    we owe Mike and mDimension a huge debt of gratitude. It is time for
    the rest of to pick up the ball and run with it and let Mike go back
    to his life.

    So, who has done this, can document it, and help David out? I would,
    but I am already four days behind this week and it is only Tuesday.
    Anybody?

    In a general answer to your question, there is no "Import xCode
    project that I am aware of. What _I_ have done in the past is to
    create an Exclipse project of the same name in a different location.
    Then copy all of the files that Eclipse created (except the Xcode
    project files!) into the Xcode project. Then discard / delete the
    empty Eclipse project and open the now Xcode/Eclipse one in Eclipse
    and start moving things around. Put all the .java under /src adn (I
    think) Eclipse will help move them in to the proper packages. One
    thing to remember is that Eclipse is file name and location based not
    Group based, so project maintenance can be a lot simpler.

    Chuck