Re: WOLips newbie question...

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 13:48:41 EDT

    There are basically 2 ways that framework source/jar files get
    associated with an Eclipse/WOlips project. The first is that you are
    setup with a project dependencies, the other is that you have checked
    items in the WOFrameworks classpath container.

    Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing, you added/removed
    frameworks following the instructions in:
    http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Add+a+Framework+Dependency
    ?

    There can't (shouldn't) be ZERO frameworks checked, because you can't
    build a WO project with NO frameworks checked (i.e. you have to at
    least have the core WO frameworks checked inside of "System").

    To check for project dependencies, in the Buildpath window (right
    click on project=>Build Path=>Configure Build Path) go to the
    projects list and that should be empty (well not SHOULD be, but if
    you don't want to depend on any other in-Eclipse projects, there
    should not be any).

    You can also verify the Frameworks you use by going to project=>Build
    Path=>Configure Build Path under the Libraries tab and expand the WO
    Frameworks classpath container. That should list all of the jars
    from all of the frameworks you currently depend on.

    For .xcode/.xcodeproj, I would not worry about those until your
    classpath issues are resolved. However, you can verify that you are
    writing xcode/xcodeproj files under
    Window=>Preferences=>Wolips=>Build and make sure the xcode/xcodeproj
    options are checked. Sebastien has done a lot of work on Eclipse/
    xcode compatibility, and he might be able to give some pointers on
    it? I really don't use the xcode stuff at all (other than some of
    the early work i did on xcodeproj file support). It SHOULD be adding
    frameworks, though, once things are working properly in other places.

    ms