Re: WOLips newbie question...

From: RedBugz Software (redbug..mail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 15:32:21 EDT

    On 8/15/06, Kieran Kelleher <kieran_list..ac.com> wrote:

    > OK, what got me was that I checked the Project Wonder items in the
    > expandable Local list of items. However, upon reopening the Edit
    > Library window, the checks had changed to in the External Build Root
    > expandable list.
    >
    > I have 4 items
    > External Build Root
    > User Home
    > Local
    > System
    >
    > Here is a gotcha I found.
    >
    > If I select ERExtensions, etc. in the Local (representing /Library
    > folder) expanded list, the Build Path actually shows the ERExtensions
    > in my ~/Roots folder. Now if I go back into Edit Library, the checked
    > items are in External Build Root. How did WOLips pick up or even know
    > about my ~/Roots folder which is my sandbox for unstable Project
    > WOnder builds?
    >
    > Kieran

    This is a known problem with the current WOLips. It only stores the name of
    the Framework, not it's location, so it just finds the first one in the
    heirarchy and checks it.

    I'm not sure what the current best practices are, but I just install the
    Wonder frameworks locally and get rid of my Roots folder.

    Logan