Re: I need a little help...

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 18:09:05 EDT

    On Aug 15, 2006, at 11:00 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > I don't think Chuck was blaming you for not understanding something
    > (Eclipse is daunting),

    No, not blaming you at all. Eclipse is large and the deep you go
    (e.g. the API for developing) the larger it gets.

    > rather I think he was pointing out that it's important for everyone
    > to work together to try to answer questions and/or develop content
    > that answers questions. The questions we're getting and will be
    > getting soon should at least provide the basis for a good FAQ that
    > could go up on the WOLips wiki.

    Yes, that was my intent. I an concerned that if the community
    continues to rely on only a few people to produce everything that
    those people will lose interest and stop contributing. We are all
    developers, we can all contribute something. Even if it is incorrect
    documentation, at least that is a starting point for someone who
    knows the full information to correct the inaccuracies while they may
    not have the time or energy to document the whole thing.

    > I'm curious if people prefer the WOLips wiki being "private" vs
    > open like the wikibook? I don't know what limitations Confluence
    > has or even if Andrus would even want it to be publicly editable,
    > but it might help accelerate the development of some of this content.

    I'd prefer open, it makes for less of a barrier to contributions.

    Chuck