Bug in modeler

From: Pierre Frisch (pierre.frisc..pearway.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 10:56:36 EDT

    Hi Mike,

    There is a but in the new modeler. If you have a prototype that
    include the column name like my primary key the modeler will try to
    write an empty column name instead of not including the columnName
    property. For example I have a prototype:

             {
                 columnName = OID;
                 externalType = "CHARACTER VARYING";
                 name = oid;
                 valueClassName = NSString;
                 width = 255;
             },

    With the old EOModeler if I include an attribute with this property
    the plist would look like:

          {
                name = oid;
                prototypeName = oid;
            },

    If I open it with the new modeler I get:

          {
                columnName = "";
                name = oid;
                prototypeName = oid;
            },

    This breaks EOF as it does not now recognize the column name as a
    prototyped value.

    The real nasty thing is that the value is correctly displayed in our
    editor i.e. the correct column name is displayed. it is only in the
    save that the column name get written out as an empty string instead
    of not being included.

    I looked at the code but I dont understand why you have a special
    case for the column name.

    Thanks

    Pierre