Re: [OT] Need assistance getting ant builds working...

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 19:40:41 EDT

    On Aug 17, 2006, at 4:24 PM, Joshua Archer wrote:

    > On Aug 17, 2006, at 4:19 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >

    >> On Aug 17, 2006, at 4:10 PM, Joshua Archer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hey all,
    >>>
    >>> So I've removed all previous versions of eclipse and wolips,
    >>> wonder, etc. and reinstalled from scratch with the same effect.
    >>> There is no love for me. I've tried with the ANT internal to
    >>> eclipse, and with ANT in /Developer/Java/Ant. I've also added the
    >>> woproject.jar to the classpath, but with no avail. I used
    >>> eclipse's updater to install wolips -- should I try an external
    >>> build? All the files appear to be in the right place, but it just
    >>> isn't loading.
    >>
    >> Just a shot in the dark but... What is in /Library/Java/
    >> Extensions and /System/Library/Java/Extensions on that machine?
    >
    > Hey, shots in the dark sometimes hit :).
    >
    > /Library/Java/Extensions:
    > BlackshipsAndSamurai-1.0.jar
    > OSIDIdNoPersist-1.0.jar
    > OSIDLoggingPlain-1.0.jar
    > OpenBaseJDBC.jar
    > commons-lang-2.1.jar
    > dom4j-1.6.1.jar
    > javaextensions.tar.gz
    > jaxen-1.1-beta-5.jar
    > jdom.jar
    > jdom.nmc.jar
    > jswiff-1.0rc1+.jar
    > mysql-connector-java-3.0.11-stable-bin.jar
    > mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga-bin.jar
    > okiOSID-2.0.jar
    > ostermillerutils_1_05_00_for_java_1_4.jar
    > resolver.jar
    > woproject.jar

    DING DING DING!

    Get that outta there!

    Dude! You have a ton of crap in there that does not belong. The
    Extensions directory is not a catch all place to drop jars in. It is
    for _extensions_ to the core Java language. Things like JDBC drivers
    go here. BlackshipsAndSamurai need not apply. :-) Seriously, other
    than teh OpenBase and MySQL (ick) drivers, nothing in there looks
    like it ought to be in there.

    > xercesImpl.jar
    > xercesSamples.jar
    > xml-apis.jar
    > xmlParserAPIs.jar
    > xmlrpc-1.2-b1.jar
    >
    > /System/Library/Java/Extensions:
    > CoreAudio.jar j3dcore.jar libJ3DAudio.jnilib
    > MRJToolkit.jar j3dsupport.jar libJ3DUtils.jnilib
    > QTJSupport.jar j3dutils.jar libShark.jnilib
    > QTJava.zip jai_codec.jar libmlib_jai.jnilib
    > dns_sd.jar jai_core.jar mlibwrapper_jai.jar
    > j3daudio.jar libJ3D.jnilib vecmath.jar

    That is all fine.

    Chuck