Re: Maven?

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 20:18:07 EDT

    This is all Ulrich's work. Here's an email he sent to me when I
    asked him some info about it (Assuming he's OK with me forwarding this):

    "Instead of wrting a build.xml you have to define some properties.
    Building, deploying and tagging is the same for a woa and a whatever
    project.

     From a project.xml:
    <build>

    <sourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/java</sourceDirectory>

    <resources>

    <resource>

    <directory>${basedir}/src/java</directory>

    <includes>

    <include>**/*.properties</include>

    <include>**/*.wo/**</include>

    <include>**/*.api</include>

    </includes>

    <excludes>

    <exclude>**/build*.properties</exclude>

    <exclude>project.properties</exclude>

    <exclude>target/**</exclude>

    </excludes>

    <filtering>false</filtering>

    </resource>

    <resource>

    <directory>${basedir}/Resources</directory>

    <targetPath>Resources</targetPath>

    </resource>

    </resources>

    </build>

    All you have to call is 'maven jar' and you'll get a framework as
    jar. No difference between building a 'standard' jar and a 'wo' jar.
    Maven manages all dependecies. The woa includes all dependencies.
    Just build it, scp it to server, unpack it and you're a ready. I'll
    add some docs to the wiki when I find the time. "

    ms