Re: Maven?

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 00:49:33 EDT

    You could put everything where you wan't. I'll prefer to put
    WebServerResources und WebServerResources and Resources under Resources.

    See http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Example+Maven+POM
    +build+section
    and http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Preparing+the
    +WOFramework

    The pom stuff is for Resources only and the resources are on the src
    path. Anyway the trick is to use the target folder for resources and
    webserverresources.

    maven jar:jar should work as expected.

    Am 22.08.2006 um 05:07 schrieb Henrique Prange:

    > Hi Logan,
    >
    > That’s great!
    >
    > Some initial points that we’ve considered about a possible wo-maven-
    > plugin:
    >
    > Archetypes
    > ----------
    > -Skeleton for WO applications and frameworks.
    > -What is the best standard directory layout for WO projects?
    > -Where to put components?
    > -Where to put eomodels?
    >
    > WO dependencies
    > ---------------
    > -Can we handle .frameworks in a straightforward manner?
    > -Or is better to translate .frameworks into standard JARs?

    See above. A jar is a jar.

    > Deploy
    > ------
    > -We can make a wrapper using WOProject ant tasks to create .woas
    > and .frameworks.

    That's allready done for maven 1.0.2. With features like classpath
    ordering and other goodies.

    > -We can also deploy WO applications as standard WARs.
    >
    > Just to start thinking…
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Henrique
    >
    > RedBugz Software wrote:
    >> On 8/18/06, Henrique Prange <hprang..mail.com> wrote:
    >>> I've also realized that.
    >>>
    >>> We're moving all our projects (not WO) to Maven 2. We want to
    >>> migrate WO
    >>> projects too, but (for a complete support of maven features) we
    >>> need a
    >>> plug-in for Maven that define an archetype for WO Applications and
    >>> Frameworks and a specific way to build, deploy and manage WO
    >>> dependencies using that tool.
    >>>
    >>> We have to develop this kind of plug-in for Maven 2. Is the rest
    >>> of the
    >>> community interested in this matter? Should we collaborate if
    >>> already
    >>> exists any effort in this field?
    >> We're also looking at moving our non-WO projects to Maven 2, and one
    >> of our guys started looking at what it would take to get Maven2 to
    >> play nice with WO frameworks as dependencies, but we didn't get very
    >> far.
    >> I think it would be great to collaborate on something like this.
    >> Logan

    Uli