Re: Error Double Entity in Models

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 11:37:48 EDT

    Yes ... It has no bearing on your runtime EOModelGroup, but inside
    the IDE we are in kind of a strange situation, because we end up
    "knowing" ALL your models whereas you may only deploy some arbitrary
    subset of them. Literally in memory we are building an EOModelGroup
    (though it's an org.objectstyle...EOModelGroup not a
    com.webobjects...EOModelGroup -- same thing, just a rewrite of it
    inside of WOL) from the models we find. If you have the situation
    where you have multiple models defining the same entities (seems to
    be the case for people that either don't use prototypes or do java
    client work), then we explode, because the EOModel entity namespace
    is supposed to be unique within a single modelgroup. Hence the
    creation of a the eomodelgroup files where you can explicitly declare
    the models that should be loaded and tell WOL not to hunt for them.
    Incidentally, it's also potentially a decent performance gain to
    declare an eomodelgroup, because we don't have to go looking for your
    models.

    ms