Re: Making WOLips more appealing to new users

From: RedBugz Software (redbug..mail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 11:49:27 EDT

    > > - The icon! Where is the one from Mikes t-shirt? That looked so
    > > nice...
    > Technically that logo is derivative of both Eclipse's trademarked
    > logo and the EO symbol, which is quite possibly trademarked by
    > Apple. I don't PERSONALLY care, but I don't know how other folks
    > feel about it.
    >
    > ms

    I really like the Eclipse logo inside the EO shell. Judging by other Eclipse
    plugins frequent use of the Eclipse logo, I'm guessing there won't be much
    trouble there. Who knows about the EO part, I'm pretty sure Apple WO folks
    themselves wouldn't care, but Apple corporate/legal may have to be sticky
    about it for various reasons completely unrelated to its actual use.

    Then again, I don't have any idea what the current yellow tube squirting
    something WOLips logo is, so I've never connected with it. I'm guessing it's
    supposed to be lipstick maybe? Or is there some other cool or interesting
    history behind that logo?

    Logan