Re: Getting the component causing an error

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 14:23:42 EDT

    If I catch it in the app I'll have to do it very dirty. Don't forget
    I'm not the one developing the app I'm the one developing the IDE.

    Is there a way to reuse the stuff from wonder and inject it into all
    apps :-) Sounds like a job for Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch.

    Uli

    To get a feeling what I trying to do: Get the latest WOLips and
    create a <webobject name"foo"></webobject> in your html without
    anything in the wod.

    Am 22.08.2006 um 20:07 schrieb Anjo Krank:

    > If you catch it in the app, you can get to the parent tree and log
    > it... we do that in Wonder. This line number thing is much more
    > involved, I needed to patch various association classes and it
    > still didn't work properly.
    >
    > Cheers, Anjo
    >

    > Am 22.08.2006 um 20:03 schrieb Mike Schrag:
    >
    >> No line numbers or anything, huh? I think I looked into this
    >> before and could never find a way to get the data I was looking
    >> for ...
    >>
    >> On Aug 22, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Ulrich Köster wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moin,
    >>>
    >>> I need some help for a new feature of WOLips.
    >>>
    >>> How do I get the Component from an error?
    >>>
    >>> For instance from the wod:
    >>>
    >>> foo: WOString {
    >>> }
    >>>

    >>> [2006-08-22 19:43:39 CEST] <WorkerThread0>
    >>> <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler>:
    >>> Exception occurred while handling request:
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException
    >>> [com.webobjects.appserver._private.WODynamicElementCreationException
    >>> ] null
    >>> [2006-08-22 19:43:39 CEST] <WorkerThread0>
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException for
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WODynamicElementCreationException:
    >>> <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOString> ( no 'value'
    >>> attribute specified.
    >>> at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOString.<init>
    >>> (WOString.java:25)
    >>> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
    >>> Method)
    >>> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
    >>> (NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    >>> at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
    >>> (DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    >>> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation._NSUtilities.instantiateObject
    >>> (_NSUtilities.java:575)
    >>> at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.dynamicElementWithName
    >>> (WOApplication.java:2033)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOHTMLWebObjectTag._elementWithCla
    >>> ss(WOHTMLWebObjectTag.java:145)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOHTMLWebObjectTag._elementWithDec
    >>> laration(WOHTMLWebObjectTag.java:199)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOHTMLWebObjectTag.dynamicElement(
    >>> WOHTMLWebObjectTag.java:122)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOHTMLTemplateParser.didParseClosi
    >>> ngWebObjectTag(WOHTMLTemplateParser.java:52)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOHTMLParser.didParseClosingWebObj
    >>> ectTag(WOHTMLParser.java:183)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOHTMLParser.endOfWebObjectTag
    >>> (WOHTMLParser.java:150)
    >>> at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOHTMLParser.parseHTML
    >>> (WOHTMLParser.java:67)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOHTMLTemplateParser.parseHTML
    >>> (WOHTMLTemplateParser.java:81)
    >>> at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOHTMLTemplateParser.parse
    >>> (WOHTMLTemplateParser.java:95)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOParser.templateWithHTMLAndDeclar
    >>> ation(WOParser.java:71)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition.template
    >>> (WOComponentDefinition.java:288)
    >>> at com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent.templateWithName
    >>> (WOComponent.java:597)
    >>> at com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent.template
    >>> (WOComponent.java:507)
    >>> at com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent.appendToResponse
    >>> (WOComponent.java:982)
    >>> at com.webobjects.appserver.WOSession.appendToResponse
    >>> (WOSession.java:1200)
    >>> at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.appendToResponse
    >>> (WOApplication.java:1418)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._dispatc
    >>> hWithPreparedPage(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:230)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._dispatc
    >>> hWithPreparedSession(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:287)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._dispatc
    >>> hWithPreparedApplication(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:322)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._handleR
    >>> equest(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:358)