Re: WOLips Documentation

From: Pierre Frisch (pierre.frisc..pearway.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 17:09:56 EDT

    Actually the complete story of wodev is that it got started with the
    blessing of Ernie Prakabar (WO marketing manager at the time) and
    with his active participation. The purpose was to create a wiki site
    where it would be possible to comment Apple documentation and add to
    it. Ernie wanted a quick launch so that we could have some
    significant content for WWDC that year I wrote the software over
    Christmas (it is still visible in WODev) and simultaneously we got
    the contract cleared through the lawyers. Unfortunately when it went
    for signature by the VPE it got torpedoed (Nobody has ever told me
    who the VPE was so I let you guess). Result we just trashed a project
    that had support from the WebObjects community inside and outside and
    had strong buy in from the Apple documentation group that was very
    interested in exploring new ways of documenting developers tools.

    The word of the wise is DON'T even think of copying Apple documentation.

    Pierre