Some Entity Modeler questions

From: womai..ac.com
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 03:50:44 EDT

    I'm working with Entity Modeler for the first time tonight. These
    might be stupid newbie questions, or they could be bugs. Please bear
    with me!

    - when I create a new attribute, whether by clicking the toolbar
    button or double-clicking in the Attribute pane, several attributes,
    including the new one, are left selected. This results in the
    Properties pane displaying "Properties are not available." I have to
    click on an empty attribute row, then on the new one, in order to get
    back into position for editing.

    - the External Type I enter always goes away after I select the Data
    Type, and I have to go back and re-enter it.

    - when I create an attribute with a Data Type of NSData, the External
    Width field stays active. In the case of a BLOB, which doesn't have
    a fixed length, is it ok to leave it blank?

    - when I create an attribute with a Data Type of Timestamp, there is
    a field for Server Timezone. What format is that expected in, and
    how does it handle daylight savings time?

    - when creating a to-one relationship, what is the Definition field
    for? And how do you enter the Source and Destination attributes?
    There doesn't seem to be any way to edit those fields in the
    Properties pane for the relationship.

    I have Eclipse 3.2.0 and WOLips build 3073 on OS X.

    Thanks for any and all answers!

    janine