Re: NSTimestamp cannot be resolved

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 09:04:45 EDT

    Welcome aboard!

    I was (and still am) in the position of trying to learn Java and WO
    simultaneously. I would strongly recommend reading "Head First Java"
    along with the Java For WO Devs document to get you started on the
    Java side. It really helps cement the core concepts of both Java and
    OO software development in general.

    The biggest challenge you are going to run into learning Java & WO
    together is not knowing if something isn't working because of:
        a) Missing something in Java
        b) Missing something in Eclipse (A _very_ powerful but
    complicated IDE for the beginner)
        c) Missing something in WOLips/WOProject
        d) Missing something in WebObjects
        e) Bugs in b,c* or d
        f) Any/All of the above

        * Usually fixed within days, if not hours, of the bug being
    isolated!

    This is not meant to discourage you, Eclipse, WOLips and WebObjects
    all do a huge amount of work for you and can help in building very
    complicated systems very quickly. It's key that you understand the
    core concepts of Java, WO and Eclipse as quickly as possible, and the
    lists and the various FAQs and Wiki's are a wonderful, and very
    supportive place to help you learn them.

    Just as you've seen here, the various WebObjects lists are a friendly
    place and I've very rarely ever heard "RTFM" or the like. You may get
    a link instead of a direct answer sometimes, but usually only if the
    answer is well spelled out in the link.

    Again, welcome aboard Sean!

    Dave