Re: NSTimestamp cannot be resolved

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 16:05:14 EDT

    Welcome Sean,

    You will find that Web development in general is built upon many
    different technologies. Probably you have experience in some of these
    already and others not. Just fill in the holes as you start your
    work. The best thing to build confidence is to get a few small simple
    projects built, working and fully deployed on a server. You will no
    doubt need to have the basics of HTML, CSS, SQL and Java. As a
    developer however, you *will* want to reuse free and/or open-source
    libraries as much as possible to maximise your productivity ....
    therein you will find the biggest challenge is learning what the
    frameworks/libraries can do and how to use them. Remember that
    WebObjects is just java with a whole bunch of text files ..... you
    can add 3rd party java libraries to your project and just use them.
    To really get the most our of WebObjects and Java in general, it is
    very important to understand the basics of Java and *also* the common
    design patterns. Understanding the common design patterns will help
    you to understand how frameworks use and, more importantly, how you
    can use and extend those frameworks and libraries.

    I recommend you build up a little library of books and wherever you
    go, "ABAB" (Always Bring A Book). Start with the Head First Java and
    definitely get the Head First Design Patterns book.

    Some more recommendations here:
    http://homepage.mac.com/kelleherk/iblog/C981504028/E884004562/index.html

    Regards, Kieran